The former Littorio Theater, located in the center of Lamporecchio, is an appreciable example of eclectic architecture of a classicist mold, built in 1929. The project has set itself the dual objective of the restoration of a valuable building in a state of neglect and that of restitution to the community of its extraordinary cultural potential, destined not only to the citizens of Lamporecchio, but also to the entire catchment area of the Valdinievole Pistoiese and Fiorentina. The project involved a conservative restoration and adaptation to current regulations for the main building, the Municipal Library, detached from the main building with the new staircase and the skylight above. Externally, the volume of the new library is characterized by a ventilated wall, formed by strips of terracotta mounted on special metal supports, which filters and regulates the light needed for reading and communicates with the brick of the pre-existing building.
Locality: Lamporecchio (PT)
Client: Municipality of Lamporecchio
Assignment: Final and Executive Design Project, Artistic Direction
Design Date: 2003
Date of Realization: 2006
With: Studio Lassi & Pisacreta Architetti, C.M.T. Associati, E.S.A. Consulenze, Firenze
Construction Company: Cooperativa Muratori Sterratori & Affini di Montecatini Terme