The two-family houses, designed by Otto Rudolf Salvisberg (1888-1940), represent part of the “Waldsiedlung Onkel-Toms-Hütte”, an important urban project signed by Bruno Taut commissioned by the GEHAG. It is undoubtedly one of the most famous settlements in Germany of the 1920s. The seven lots, built between 1926 and 1932 designed by Bruno Taut, Hugo Häring, and O.R. Salvisberg make up an architectural and urban planning ensemble of high architectural quality and particular open spaces designed by the landscape architect Leberecht Migge. The entire ensemble, buildings and open spaces are listed by the Architectural Heritage Office of Berlin.
The project included not only the restoration of the facades and windows using the original colors and materials but also the addition of a small external room situated on the back of the building.
Brief: final design project
Data progetto: 2013
Working plans and project management: Dipl. Ing Ada Kny